Pasta Salad With Seafood (Low GI with omegas/fatty acids and anti-oxidants)
(serves 2 athletes with leftovers for tomorrow if you make enough pasta!)
- Fusilli or similar pasta, cooked
- 1 tin of crab meat, drained
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- 500 g or so of cooked shrimp
- Green capsicum, diced (contains Vit C, which will help with the absorption of the iron in the spinach)
- Yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- ¼ cup or less of mayo (I prefer Thomy brand – some saturated fat, but no artificial anything/colours/numbers)
- 2 tbsp of a sweet pickle relish (”mustard pickle”)
- a bit of mustard to taste
- Optional: 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Raw spinach
- Mix seafood in a bowl and then add capsicum, onion, celery, and peas.
- Add pasta and toss.
- In another bowl, stir together the mayo, relish, and mustard.
- Add to pasta and toss.
- Line plate with spinach and put pasta salad on top